Thursday 22 December 2011

The Center of the Living Room

In many homes the center of the living room tends to be the TV. It is a natural choice because most of us like watching TV and movies for that matter. However, have you ever thought about hiding the TV in the cabinet? Or if there is the possibility, placing it in a separate entertainment room? I think each one of us should give it a thought and consider whether the TV should be the center of the room, and if not, then what other options we have.

I have noticed that in many people’s homes the center of the living room is the TV and every time the family gathers together they watch TV. The same goes when the guests arrive, too often the TV is on even then. I can’t believe it to be good for socializing. So, I have given this a thought for I want some real family time and interaction with the people I love, not the TV. I came across many good options for making the TV a secondary past time. My first step was to buy a cabinet where one could fit not only the TV but also the gaming centers and all the DVDs, which is quite handy. Almost every furniture store has this type of cabinets so I am sure everyone can find one that suits his or her interior design. The second step was a bit trickier because I needed something else as the focal point in the living room. I was thinking about some big flower vase, decorative lamp and many others, but none of these really inspired me. At last, while I was watching a movie, I got it (thanks to one scene in a movie): a Uunisepät fireplace! That would be the centerpiece of my living room. It works as an impressive centerpiece but at the same time it doesn’t take all the attention away from socializing. A perfect solution.

Now, one month later I have the cabinet for my TV that I can close when the TV is not in use and a beautiful white fireplace on its way. I absolutely can’t wait to spend some quality time with my family sipping on some hot chocolate in front of a flickering Uunisepät fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment