Wednesday 23 November 2011

Questions and Confusions Related Uunisepät Fireplaces

I was thinking about getting a nice fireplace, but I am confused by the information on several sites. Uunisepät fireplaces have the CE mark (what does it really mean anyway?), and others I have checked don't have it. So what's the big difference? Based on Uunisepät who want to promote their fireplaces of course the CE mark makes the fireplaces less toxic (huh?) and more safe. I don't get the less toxic part, are they talking about smoke getting in or something? More safe sure, but would any of the suppliers sell unsafe fireplaces really? If anyone can answer these questions I'd be grateful!

Also what I've been thinking about is that I'll have the fireplace in the summer cottage. Is there anything I need to specifically take into account? The cottage is not on an island, but the road there is not really that good. Also the cottage is already there, can I get just any kind of a fireplace to a already build building?

I thought it would be nice to have a Uunisepät fireplace on even in the summer, like for grilling and maybe even cooking, but will it make the cottage too hot? Of course I'd not have it on if it was really nice and sunny, but on a cold and rainy day the fireplace would be really nice.

Uunisepät web page said that the fireplaces need a chimney sweeper quite often, was it like once a year. But if we're not using the fireplace that much, do you know if we need to get the chimney cleaned less often or (gulp!) more often? Where I like the chimney sweepers cost a lot, so I really hope it does not need to be cleaned that often.

We have a fireplace at our winter home, but it is not from Uunisepät. The fireplaces they have on the site look really nice, but I think they are a bit more expansive than the rest. But they do have the CE mark, so if that makes a huge difference then we will need to cough up the money I suppose.

Anyway, if you have any information or answers please reply here! Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment